To provide or facilitate the delivery of services to address unmet community needs of those who live, work and study in North Toronto, through information, education and community engagement.
Who We Are and What We Do
We are a community agency with a focus to provide social and healthcare planning and leadership, and to deliver community information to those who live, work and study in North Toronto.
The area boundary being served by POINT is from Hwy 401 (north) to St Clair Ave (south) and Bathurst St (west) to Don River/Leaside (east).
Established since 1968, POINT has been providing various programs and services to the members of the community.
More recently, programs offered by POINT include:
- Free Internet access
- Registries babysitting, child care, tutors, employment programs, volunteer opportunities
- Government form filling assistance (by appointment)
- Seasonal income tax clinic (by appointment)
- Seniors community dining
- Summer gardening program for children
- Publications, including seniors’ caregivers handbook and seniors’
- Housing directory
- Educational workshops
- Social planning and development of social and health services in North Toronto
- Rent Bank access centre – Financial loans to low income families or individuals who face eviction as a result of rental arrears must be working or retired, and have legal status in Canada
- Access centre for LEAP (Low Income Energy Assistance Program) – Sponsored by Toronto Hydro Electric System and United Way Toronto, assistance to low income individuals and families who are in arrears for their electricity utility bills and have exhausted all other sources of financial support