Food Handler Certification
In Toronto, food handler certification is mandatory. Food establishments are required by law to have at least one certified food handler in a supervisory capacity at all times.
The certificate issued by Toronto Public Health is recognized by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and other Health Units in Ontario. Those individuals who successfully pass the exam will receive a Food Handler Certificate that is valid for 5 years.
To register: Food handler certification classes are available at multiple organizations, see website for details.
Cost: $98.40 (for in-class program & exam)
Free HTML/CSS Essentials Workshop
Want a taste of the world of a Web Developer? Join us for a free evening of learning to code! Led by members of the Lighthouse Labs team, you’ll be introduced to the fundamentals of web development, and have the chance to try your hand at building your very own website using HTML, CSS.
The workshop will consist of an hour of lecture time and then two hours of hands-on keyboard, coding and exploring the different aspects of programming. There will be mentors on site to help you every step of the way!
If you’ve ever been curious about what it takes to create and customize a website, this workshop is the perfect place to get you started.
Hardware: A Windows or Macintosh laptop.
Please note you are required to bring your own laptop (and don’t forget your charging cord!).
Not able to make this one? Check out our next HTML & CSS Workshops at Lighthouse Labs Toronto on:
- July 20
- August 3
- August 17
- August 31
Date: Thu July 20, 2017
Time: 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Location: Lighthouse Labs 46 Spadina Avenue Toronto, ON M5V 2H8
Basic Sewing and Fashion Design
- Orientation and Skills Development Training (marker making, sample cutting, free hand cutting, how to cut dresses using patterns, spec sheet identification, different equipment maintenance, orientation and information section on the Canadian Fashion Industry, fashion trends and styles, skills transfer and blending)
- Fasion Design
- Hands on Practice!
- Information on the Canadain Fashion Industry, trend and styles, job marketing & Obtaining contracts formation.
- Monthly Networking, providing opportunities for further learning, sharing ideas and making new friends, potluck sharing of cultural food.
- Are You Unemployed or Underemployed?
- Do You Want to Acquire Sewing Skills?
- Do You Want to Learn the Canadian Fashion Styles?
- Do You Want to Update Your Sewing and Fashion Designing Skills?
- Do You Want to Become Competitive in the Canadian Fasion Market?
- Market? Do You Want to Learn to use an Industrial Sewing Machine?
- If you answer “YES” to any of these questions, then you need to contact HSDC!
Date: June 20, 2017 – August 18, 2017
Time: 12:00pm – 2:30pm
To register, please call (416) 345-1613