Address: 2 Carlton St. Toronto, ON M5B 1J3
Main Intersection: Yonge & College
Social Planning Toronto is an independent social planning organization committed to democratic, community based social policy and civic participation.
Social Planning Toronto is looking for a full time Community Planner to carry out community organizing in a variety of communities.
The general responsibilities of the position are to work with local community organizations, networks and coalitions to build local community capacity and civic participation and provide policy analysis on various topics related to the SPT priorities.
The program work will include working with a number of community-based coalitions and engaging in research projects. Working with community partners to facilitate community needs assessments/strategic planning and assist in advocating for resources for local communities. The successful candidate will also be expected to contribute to the policy analysis work of the SPT and supporting community involvement in the city’s budget process.
Key skills required:
• Community organizing that supports community participation and ownership
• Effective communication skills
• Conflict resolution and negotiating skills
• Facilitation skills
• Knowledge of and familiarity with networks and organizations linked to marginalized communities in Toronto
• Strong writing skills
• Research and analytical skills
• Able to integrate class, race and gender analysis into daily work
• Able to work as part of a team
• Post-secondary education at the Masters level or equivalent in social policy and/or community development
• 3-5 years of experience as a community worker/organizer
• Extensive work experience in community-based organizations
• Basic community research skills for participation in local projects
• Experience working under pressure and to deadline
• Experience working with different levels of government
• Experience working with diverse communities
• Experience working with executive directors and frontline workers
To Apply: Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and covering letter outlining how they meet the above criteria to Maria Serrano at email@example.com.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, September 6th, 2016 at 5:00 P.M.
Address: 2972 Islington Ave, Toronto, ON M9L 2K6
Main Intersection: Islington & Steeles
Delta Family Resource Centre (Delta) is a community-based organization which provides a range of integrated programs and services to residents living in the north west corner of the City of Toronto, building on existing strengths and assets in the community. This is an opportunity for a Community worker who is committed to working with diverse community stakeholders to facilitate community engagement for social change. This position is funded by a Trillium SEED grant and reports to the Program Director.
• To create a Steering committee to oversee the initiative
• To facilitate resident engagement by mobilizing community members to be engaged in the exploration of new options for affordable community space
• Act as a resource for the team conducting the feasibility study and overseeing the initiative
• Organize community consultations in Scarbourough, Mount Dennis and Humber Summit etc to assist in the exploration of Pop Up infrastructure (PopI) as affordable alternatives for community space
• To do outreach, resident engagement and facilitation in various communities in the City of Toronto
• To develop and strengthen alliances with other community partners, particularly as related to accessing community space
• To organize 2 forums showcasing how pop up infrastructure has been used by communities in Canada and globally
• Cultivation of partnerships with other service partners to identify and collaborate with on potential program delivery.
• Promotion of community engagement and support for Delta’s strategic priorities
• Identification of trends and community profile and demographics to guide proposed activities
• Implement effective evaluation systems and utilize results to guide program development
• Ensure all program activities assigned are operating in accordance to the organization goals and principles and budget restrictions
• Three years of relevant post-secondary education or diploma in Community Development, Social Services or equivalent
• Minimum two years experience in community development/community engagement
• Two years experience in working with residents in marginalized, diverse urban communities
• Demonstrated experience in mobilizing and supporting residents on issues that affect the lives of residents of high priority or high-risk urban neighborhoods
• Sound knowledge and understanding of community sector with demonstrated experience working with sectoral partners
• Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and execute community based initiatives with residents
• Experience in organizing community consultations and forums in diverse communities
• Excellent group facilitation skills
• Experienced self starter and independent worker able to ‘ hit the ground running’
• Excellent organizational, planning and implementation skills
• Understanding and sensitivity to racial/cultural, gender issues, as well as the impact of oppression
• Demonstrated advocacy skills and ability to encourage and support organizational advocacy
• Familiarity with needs assessments and research methodology
• Strong command of the English language, verbal and written and the ability to write reports
• Proficiency with Microsoft word, excel
• Verbal and written fluency in a second language is an asset
To Apply: Forward your cover letter and résumé quoting position title by the closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: August 29th 2016
Address: 5775 Yonge St, Suite 1801, Toronto, ON M2M 4J1
Main Intersection: Yonge & Finch
Customer Success Specialist
Join our amazing Customer Success Team and lead our customers to success using our product. We achieve this through Customer Support, Customer Engagement, and Customer Education.
TapMango strengthens relationships by providing a Customer Engagement Platform offering businesses innovative solutions through their own loyalty program. TapMango’s passion and purpose is to empower businesses to do 3 things; retain their customers, upsell to existing customers, and acquire new customers.
•Nurture active relationships with customers throughout their subscription lifetime, by working closely with other stakeholders (Sales, Marketing, Engineering)
•Become a Product Expert and provide exceptional customer service to a variety of clients with varying levels of technical knowledge.
•Understand what our customers’ needs are, and help them reach their desired outcome.
•Provide a positive customer experience across the entire lifecycle and ensure customers maximize their ROI with our solution
•Provide product training
•Develop a trusted advisor relationship with the customer. Become customers’ best buddy.
•Periodically check-in with customers to determine if they are on track or to guide them with new improvements or functionalities.
•Help strategize with the customer on how to use the product better and share what the trends are in their industry.
•Make sure that the customer is using our product. A lot. With a smile on their face.
•Develop and implement best practices, processes and tools which can continually enhance TapMango Customer Success Program.
•Participate in product roadmap planning with product management team.
•Be the voice of the customer and provide feedback to the product team on product enhancements.
•2+ years experience in customer/technical support
•Direct customer engagement experience in post-sales or professional service functions
•Ability to communicate complex technical challenges and solutions in a simple and concise manner
•Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail, patience, and high degree of emotional intelligence
•Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick and effective resolutions
•A positive attitude and ability to excel under pressure
•Confident fast thinker
•Collaborative and adaptable team player
•Initiative, flexibility, responsibility, and commitment to quality work
•Exceptional communication, presentation and organizational skills
•Keen interest in technology
To Apply: Please send application to email@example.com
Application Deadline: August 31st 2016
Address: 1 Front Street East Toronto, Ontario M5E 1B2
Main Intersection: Yonge & Front
The Finance department has a full time opportunity for an enthusiastic, resourceful team-player who thrives in a fast paced, hands-on, competitive environment in the role of “Accounting Assistant”. This is a full-time permanent salary position, reporting to the Controller. This position is responsible for managing all cash handling activities for the Centre including preparing, issuing, and managing cash floats as well as depositing cash receipts. This position is also responsible for preparing and recording all cash and sales related transactions and other accounting duties.
Cash Management tasks
1. Verify and consolidate cash received against sales reports for all retail activities of the Centre, including food & beverage, merchandising and patron services. Inform management of significant variances on a timely basis.
2. Prepare and deliver daily bank deposits to bank.
3. Maintain an appropriate supply of cash floats for cash requirements at the Centre.
4. Ensure adherence to all Centre cash management policies, specifically: #105 – Fraud and other Irregularities, # 313 Cashier Guidelines, #308 Drop Safe Procedures, #309 Petty Cash Policy.
5. Record and post tickets sales activity.
6. Record and post sales and related cash receipts for Food & Beverage, Merchandising and Patron Services sales.
7. Record and post all other cash and bank transactions.
8. Analyze/reconcile balance sheet accounts as assigned on a regular basis as directed by Controller.
9. Provide backup for other department staff as required.
10. Undertake special projects and tasks as assigned.
•Minimum education requirement: enrollment in a professional accounting program
•Knowledge of Accounting principles and practices, procedures
•Two to five years of related experience, in an arts organization is an asset
•Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
•Ability to work under deadlines
•Working knowledge of financial management software including general ledger, A/P, A/R modules—knowledge of Ungerboeck software (EBMS)
•Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
•Knowledge of box office ticket sale process and the Ticketmaster ticketing system is an asset
To Apply: Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume for confidential consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Accounting Assistant” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: August 26th 2016
Address: 131 Bloor Street Toronto, ON, M5S 1R8
Main Intersection: Bloor & Avenue
Women’s Counsellor Advocate-Community Programs
The Women’s Counsellor Advocate-Community Programs overall responsibility is to assist women who are seeking employment and resettlement, to deal with the impact of violence on their lives by providing timely, relevant and responsive client services that are consistent with the mission and mandate of Interval House and appropriate to their needs.
•Conducting admission intake, initial interviews & assessments to obtain in-depth information and assessing immediate client needs to develop case plans
•Regularly evaluating & monitoring client case plans to ensure the services & referrals outlined are appropriate, are meeting clients’ needs and goals, and are being delivered in a timely manner
•Providing information and resources and making appropriate referrals to Interval House external services
•Performing individual and group supportive counselling that facilitates trauma recovery from abuse & builds clients capacity to achieve self-sufficiency
•Recording and maintaining information in program logs and client files
•Collecting & contributing relevant information to the program resource base
•Effectively responding to inquiries and communicates with companies/donors providing goods and services to Interval House
•Responding to emergency situations as required
•Performing other administrative duties
•Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience providing counselling to abused women
•Relevant education and/or related experience in programs for violence against women
•Experience in providing informal counselling and advocacy for abused women
•In-depth knowledge and understanding of issues affecting women who have experienced abuse and resources to support them
•Ability to build and foster reliable work relationships within a diverse work environment
•Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
•Ability to manage conflicts and observation of strict confidentiality
•Capable of managing own emotional difficulties
•Skills and experience in program planning and implementation
•Demonstrated group facilitation skills and experience
•Demonstrated administrative experience in database and client case management and ability to use Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
To Apply: Please e-mail your resume in confidence to email@example.com, marking ‘Women’s Counsellor Advocate-Community Programs’ in the subject line. Please include your resume in the body of your e-mail; attachments may not be opened.
Application Deadline: September 24th 2016
Address: 2238 Dundas Street West Toronto, ON, M6R 3A9
Main Intersection: Bloor & Dundas
The Toronto Right to Life Association is a non-sectarian, educational charitable organization dedicated to promoting the right to life for all human beings from conception to natural death.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the office and provide administrative support for the Executive Director. Duties include:
- Bookkeeping: Reconcile accounts receivable and payable on a monthly basis using QuickBooks, monitor important annual or monthly recurring events such as dates for CRA correspondences, bill payments and payroll.
- Processing donations: Enter donations and membership renewals in QuickBooks, prepare bank deposits, send charitable tax receipts along with thank you letters to donors.
- Maintaining organization database: Update information and mailing lists for members and institutions on a regular basis.
- Christmas Card Fundraiser: Process Christmas card orders and ensure delivery in a timely manner while maintaining accurate records of customer information, sales and inventory.
- Event planning: Coordinate logistics with the Executive Director and planning committees for the Annual General Meeting, student conferences, speakers series and other events.
- General office management: Respond to phone and email inquiries, prepare reports for meetings, maintain files and regular office upkeep, sort mail, greet office visitors.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant with excellent organization, time management and communication skills who is also experienced in bookkeeping. Knowledge of office productivity and accounting software is necessary. Some weekend or evening work may occasionally be required.
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Monday October 3rd 2016
Address: 189 Church Street Toronto, ON, M5B 1Y7
Main Intersection: Queen & Church
NOW Magazine is looking for a talented Engagement Manager to lead NOW’s partnership and engagement portfolio, with a renewed focus on strengthening engagement with NOW’s clients, readers and stakeholders.
• Drive the creation of new partnership opportunities that strengthen NOW’s brand and increase revenue.
• Lead the strategic analysis of current partnerships to ensure they build NOW’s brand and community profile, positioning NOW as a thought leader and tastemaker in the City of Toronto.
• Work closely with sales reps through all aspects of the sales pipeline, supporting sales reps with clients to create fully integrated sales packages.
• Work with the Senior Executive on strategy, innovation and maximizing new revenue stream opportunities.
• Act as a brand ambassador for NOW during the sales process, ensuring that NOW’s brand is appropriately positioned as part of the over-all pitch process.
• Develop and implement promotions and marketing plans for new initiatives as they arise including NOW Tickets, Second Street engagement and promotions platform, and others.
• Help build NOW’s digital audience using social media as well as mainstream media, community and individual outreach to promote sharing and profile of great content.
• Manage Promotions Coordinator and Content Strategist.
• Perform other tasks as assigned
• At least two of sales/fundraising experience (corporate sponsorship, major gifts, individual giving all apply)
• Experience in the media industry and familiarity with advertising sales (print and digital)
• Two to five years of experience in digital marketing, working across all social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
• Post-secondary education in marketing and communications and/or journalism is an asset
• Willingness to learn, adapt and have fun in a creative, non-traditional workplace
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com
Application Deadline: August 19th 2016
Address: 350 Victoria St, Toronto, ON M5B 2K3
Main Intersection: Yonge & Dundas
Fashion Zone Marketing Assistant
The Fashion Zone at Ryerson University is seeking a motivated, fast-learning and
detail oriented candidate for the position of Marketing Assistant. The ideal candidate is studying marketing, business, and/or communication; possesses strong written and visual communication skills; has a strong understanding of social media marketing, and a proven ability to track and analyze marketing initiatives through analytics.
In this role, the Marketing Assistant will work closely with the marketing team to promote the Fashion Zone, build relationships with stakeholders, and identify new opportunities for growth through various communication channels. Daily tasks will include:
- Reviewing daily media reports on major fashion, tech and commerce headlines reported on both mainstream and niche media outlets
- Track media coverage received by the Fashion Zone and Fashion Zone companies
- Creating and coordinating the FZ PR materials, and overseeing the Newsroom on the Fashion Zone’s website
- Conducting online outreach and promotion through Fashion Zone social channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Periscope
- Contributing to follower acquisition, subs, likes, re-tweets, etc.
- Coordinating weekly internal newsletter content as well as other internal communications
- Assist with the creation of internal and external promotional material – both written and visual content
- Creating original copy and graphics for the Fashion Zone website, blog, and social media networks
- Assisting the marketing team with additional tasks as they arise
Additional tasks and responsibilities can include:
- Welcoming guests and contributing to the maintenance of the reception area
- Managing inquiries from new and current members
- Assisting with internal events when needed
- Maintaining contact lists with internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting the team with other daily administrative tasks
Eligible candidates should possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Of ce, all major social media channels, as well as analytics software. A working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus! Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as research, technical and time management skills are preferred for this role.
To Apply: Candidates can send a resume, cover letter, 2 references and a mock Media Alert (250 words) covering one of the current Fashion Zone companies to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: August 30th 2016