Child and Youth Worker
Breakthrough Autism is all about helping children with autism reach their full potential and recognizing them as the wonderful individuals that they are. A key part of our Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) services is making sure that families are a part of the teaching process. In fact, it’s our ultimate goal to empower families with the knowledge, strategies and tools that will enable them to be a member of our team and create teachable moments for their children on their own.
Do you have a desire to make a difference in the lives of children with autism? If you are looking for a meaningful role that provides training and a team-centered, supportive environment,
then Breakthrough Autism Centre is the right fit for you! We are looking for energetic individuals to join the Centre as Instructors and deliver front-line Intensive Behavioural Intervention (IBI) and other Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) services. Instructors work approximately 30 or more hours per week at the centre and in clients’ homes during regular business hours, some evenings, and Saturdays. This position is for a one-year contract with the possibility of becoming permanent at the end of the contract.
- Delivering direct IBI programming and other ABA services
- Working one-to-one and in small groups with children with autism
- Monitoring each child’s progress
- Liaising with parents on an ongoing basis
- Working at the Centre or in clients’ homes
Please send your résumé, along with a cover letter, to email@example.com
Women’s Counsellor Advocate (Relief)
As the first centre for abused women and children in Canada, we are leaders in the campaign for women’s empowerment, providing innovative, specialized services that help abused women and their children transform their lives and break the cycle of violence.
Interval House provides a continuum of services and a holistic approach to help women and children escape violence and rebuild their lives. We don’t just heal wounds behind locked doors, we nurture families from crisis intervention to re-integration into the workforce and the community with programs providing emotional support, practical help and life skills.
The Women’s Counsellor Advocate (Relief) , overall responsibility is to assist those who seek shelter services to deal with the impact of violence on their lives by providing timely, relevant and responsive client services that are consistent with the mission and mandate of Interval House and appropriate to their needs.
- Responding to the “24 hour” crisis line
- Conducting needs assessment admission intake and/or making appropriate referrals
- Facilitating trauma recovery from abuse & builds client’s capacity to achieve self-sufficiency, through developing case plans, which include:
- supportive counselling and group counselling
- Legal services; public housing applications; financial assistance & planning; immigration and refugee services; health issues; education; and other issues relating to their situation
- Escort to court and/or other legal, immigration or medical related appointments
- Facilitate community resettlement
- Regular evaluation and monitoring to ensure clients’ needs and goals are met and timely delivery
- Complete client discharges according to established procedures
- Record and maintain information in program logs and client files
As an employee, you will benefit from:
- Employee’s Work-life balance
- Competitive compensation
- A positive work environment
- Relevant education and/or related experience in programs for violence against women
- Experience in providing informal counselling and advocacy for abused women
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of issues affecting women and children who have experienced abuse and resources to support them.
- Skills and experience in program planning and implementation
- Effective group facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and foster reliable work relationships within a diverse work environment
- Consistent ability to demonstrate professional behavior and respect for boundaries
- Ability to manage conflicts
- Demonstrated administrative skills in database and client case management
- Observation of strict confidentiality
- Capable of managing own emotional difficulties
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access and ability to use client case management database
- Must be flexible with workdays and/or hours
Please e-mail your resume in confidence to the address below, marking ‘Child & Youth Counsellor Advocate’ in the subject line.
Please include your resume in the body of your e-mail; attachments may not be opened.
International Youth Exchanges Associate
YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great work place through an environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, valuing differences and supporting full participation by all employees. The YMCA provides more than 5,000 employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. The YMCA works to build healthy communities. This is achieved through a shared culture and values. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits and growth opportunities.
- Be between 15 to 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Have been registered as full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the upcoming academic year;
- Be a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
- Supports the youth exchange participants while they are in Toronto.
- Supports the documentation of the activities and meetings for youth exchanges participants and staff or volunteers participating in international experiences.
- Supports the planning of a detailed schedule for the exchange.
- Supports the recruitment of host families and the connection between the host family and the youth exchange participants.
- Gathers program feedback and prepares the final program narrative.
- Helps develop and maintain program content to post via YMCA GTA social media and for future program use.
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values as reflected in our YMCA competencies; takes a member focused approach to increase their understanding of programs offered across the Association. Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner.
- Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse toChild Protection Services.
- Understands the importance of the volunteer staff partnership and integrates the value of philanthropy and volunteerism in dealings with members, volunteers, donors and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary institution
- Post-secondary education in International Development or related disciplines (second year and up) required.
- Experience working with youth is an asset.
- Knowledge and interest in International Frameworks of Cooperation such as the Istanbul Principles and in particular those on equitable partnerships and mutual learning. General understanding of global issues and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Basic understanding of budgeting processes.
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience and sensitivity in dealing with members of different cultural and racial backgrounds, including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity.
- Advanced knowledge/experience of Word, Excel, Outlook & Power Point.
- Extensive travel is required within the GTA and to YMCA Camp Pine Crest for 2-4 days as needed.
- Must be flexible to adapt to a fast changing schedule that at certain periods can include early starts, evening activities/weekend/holiday activities.
- The position requires the following Association Competencies:superior competence in: Teamwork and Collaboration; Effective Interpersonal Communications; advanced competence in: Valuing Diversity and Social Inclusion; Relationship Building and Partnering; Being Results Focused; being Member Focused; Ethics and Self-Management; fundamental competence in: being Results Focused.
How to Apply:
Through website https://ymcagta.org/.
Housing Support Worker PT
The Yonge Street Mission is a Christian faith-based not-for-profit community called to demonstrate God’s love, peace and justice to those living with economic, social and spiritual poverty in Toronto. Our Housing Services branch is seeking a Housing Support Worker to work with clients in need of advocacy and case management support services.
- Engage in client advocacy and case management of housing needs
- Develop and implement community development initiatives
- Cultivate partnerships with various community professionals, agencies, and landlords.
- Administer the housing data base, program reviews, and reports
- Implement Residential Tenancy Act and Housing Act Services policies and procedures as required
- Implement Housing Access and Support for Daily Living Support Services
- Administer procedures regarding social welfare, housing, employment, child welfare, immigration and refugee law
- Participate as a member of Yonge Street Mission
- S.S.W,B.A., B.S.W, or relevant education and experience in social work, social services, community development, or related field
- At least two years’ experience working with individuals with a history of poverty and homelessness, mental health/substance abuse issues, and from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Work experience in transitional housing support, drop in services and follow-up services
- Working Knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act, Housing Act Services, and other related legislation
- Demonstrated experience in advocacy and case management framework
- Demonstrated experience in crisis intervention and conflict resolution
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication
- Proficient in MS Office, including Access, excel
- Able to maintain a positive approach and a professional manner at all times
- Possess Crisis Prevention, CPR & First Aid Certifications
- Understanding of cultural competency framework
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and interact with staff of different departments
- Valid driver’s licence is an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to YSM’s mission and values
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to and refer to HSW-05 in your subject line:
Laura Awosanya, Director of Housing. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline For Applications: May 2017
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
YesUp Media Inc. (www.yesup.com) has over 10 years’ history in the media industry and has more than 50 employees. We offer a broad spectrum of services from online to offline marketing, as well as web and mobile development services. Headquartered in North York Toronto, we achieved many awards and international recognition for the level of service provided to our clients in the areas of high quality design, programming, technical expertise and marketing innovation.
- Follow up with existing clients, and increase client sanctifications;
- Verifying accounts and updating CRM system;
- Answering client inquires by phone, emails and ticket systems;
- Verifying and approving self-developed campaigns, and contact clients for details if necessary;
- Capture potential sales opportunities including up-selling and cross selling if necessary;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- A college degree or equivalent, in combination with at least 1 year experience in CS industry;
- At least 1 year experience in a fast-paced office environment;
- Strong English communication skills in both verbal and written manners;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook and Word);
- Vast knowledge of the internet, social networks, blogs, forums, and etc would be a great plus;
- Customer service oriented;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Research and marketing skills would be a great asset;
- Interpersonal skills (self motivated, outgoing, patient, organized, proactive problem-solver, persistent);
- Knowledge of online advertising is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
- By email: email@example.com
- Deadline: May 2017
Spring is here and we are now hiring for all positions in our Landscape Maintenance Dept.
Design, develop, support and maintain company’s operational and administrative software systems.
Team Lead – Horticulture
Site Clean-Up – Overnight Shift
Visit our website at www.canadaswonderland.com/jobs for more details on how to apply.
Application Deadline: May 2017
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE
FASHION IS WHAT WE DO, BUT IT’S MORE THAN JUST FASHION!
We provide products and services that has more value than our competitors in order to be successful.
Our definition of success is to contribute to our customers and suppliers success.
- Taking incoming customer calls and answer questions about our products and services.
- Make outbound calls to customers, warehouses and carries to sell and process orders.
- Process customer orders including order entry, and invoicing in QuickBooks.
- Help and participate in trade shows in Toronto including setting up booth, minding the booth and greeting customers and selling to customers.
- College diploma or higher
- Customerservice experience
- Self motivated, requires minimum supervision.
- Resouceful and have good memories.
- Pleasant on the phone and in person.
- Knowledge of quickbooks software
Application Deadline: May 2017
GLENTEL – Samsung Retail Store
We are seeking experienced Retail Sales Associates with a passion for the Samsung brand to join our new team and be part of GLENTEL’s brand new Samsung Experience Store opening in Cadillac Fairview Toronto Eaton Centre!
This stunning multi-level state of the art flagship location will be in the heart of downtown Toronto, facing Yonge and Dundas Square. The largest, most immersive Samsung Experience Store in Canada is scheduled to open this Summer. Our team selection is underway, and we are looking for energetic, professional, and motivated individuals. Onboarding and training will begin in July!
- Generating and promoting store and personal sales of wireless devices, tablets, digital imaging, audio, tv’s, accessories and services in order to meet store quotas
- Maintaining industry best levels of customer service and product knowledge consistent with the company Business standards
- Participating in all Samsung sales programs to maximize store sales and in-store presence
- Partaking in all manner of store maintenance as required
- Other related duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Serve as a Samsung Brand Ambassador
- Provide industry-leading standards of customer service and advanced product knowledge
- Participate in all Samsung sales programs to maximize store sales and in-store presence
- Generate and promote sales of wireless devices, tablets, and accessories
- Be a product knowledge expert on televisions, home theatre systems and home appliances
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Be a motivated and creative team player
- Partake in all manner of store maintenance as required
- Other related duties as may be assigned from time to time
To Apply: Please see website
Application Deadline: May2017